Barefoot Mama

"I started running barefoot in March 2008. I started one step at a time, one day at a time. I decided to start keeping a journal of sorts. Sharing my history, my journey and my adventures."

I have taken some new paths in relation to my running over the last year. This blog will still include my running adventures but I have to move on with more stories of my family and the journey we have taken together over the last year. This blog was started as a way to help me record my barefoot journey but now needs to become more than that. Please be patient as I explore ways to stay connected with family and friends.

Wednesday, July 13, 2011

Relay for Life (One Family Fighting Back)


June 24-25th: The Team! We raised over $1,000 for the American Cancer Society.
We slogged through the night in the rain and fog. We rode out 2 thunderstorms in our cars...but all for a good cause. Our family has been participating in the relay for life event for 4 years. It is a huge event in Maine. Our midcoast event had 24 teams who raised over $40,000. My family worked hard for over 3 months to make this a memorable event. We love relay! We Kept track of our team mileage and in the 10 hours that we were able to actually walk on the track, we recorded 75.5 miles which is over 300 laps! :) yay us!

No comments:

Post a Comment