Barefoot Mama

"I started running barefoot in March 2008. I started one step at a time, one day at a time. I decided to start keeping a journal of sorts. Sharing my history, my journey and my adventures."

I have taken some new paths in relation to my running over the last year. This blog will still include my running adventures but I have to move on with more stories of my family and the journey we have taken together over the last year. This blog was started as a way to help me record my barefoot journey but now needs to become more than that. Please be patient as I explore ways to stay connected with family and friends.

Thursday, November 10, 2011

A barefoot 50 miler in my future?

Well, Ive' been contemplating on celebrating my 45th birthday on the sand beaches with the Destin 50 Beach Ultra. A barefoot 50 miler....hmmmm. Want to do this but not sure if logistically possible. The reason I'm holding back is that I don't have beaches to train on here in Maine. Can I train through the winter doing other things? Snowshoeing? Trail running in the snow? Putting in those long runs on the indoor track YUCK! (I hate that last idea) Cross training with pool workouts and elliptical? I could spend a few weeks in Florida to acclimate to the temperature and running on the beaches....? but where does that leave my work and my family responsibilities....hmmm...still formulation a plan.? Any suggestions?

No comments:

Post a Comment