Barefoot Mama

"I started running barefoot in March 2008. I started one step at a time, one day at a time. I decided to start keeping a journal of sorts. Sharing my history, my journey and my adventures."

I have taken some new paths in relation to my running over the last year. This blog will still include my running adventures but I have to move on with more stories of my family and the journey we have taken together over the last year. This blog was started as a way to help me record my barefoot journey but now needs to become more than that. Please be patient as I explore ways to stay connected with family and friends.

Tuesday, December 13, 2011

No Destin Beach 50 miler

I decided not to do the Destin Beach 50. Instead I think I will a 50 mile trail race at the Pineland Farms Trail Running Festival. It's here in Maine. I train on this type of trail all the time. And my suppport system can be there. Only 1 hour away from my home so commuting for 2 days of events great. They offer a barefoot 5K the day before the 50 miler. It's a great weekend event. I won a prize in my age group in the 50K last year! (and 3rd in the barefoot 5K - overall female).

No comments:

Post a Comment